- A murder investigation has been launched in Suffolk after the body of a 75-year-old man was found in woodland in Weybread, close to the home of Peter and sylvia Stuart, a couple who are also missing from the area. The couple were reported missing at around 7.15am on Friday, police are now appealing to anyone who may have information on the whereabouts of the couple.
- A British man who worked for a Philippines-based global criminal organisation was sentenced to more than 15 years in US prison this friday after being found guilty of conspiring to import 100kg of North Korean methamphetamine into the United States. 47-year-old Scott Stammers was one of 5 defendants who pleaded guilty to the charges.
- A British tourist has been arrested in Tenerife after his 25-year-old girlfriend fell to her death from their high-rise holiday apartment. The unknown woman, who is also believed to be British, died instantly after plunging from the 12th floor of the building in the south of the island this Friday.
- A child abuser who committed numerous sex crimes against Malaysian children is due to be sentenced this Monday. 30-year-old Richard Huckle originally from Ashford in Kent, admitted to committing 71 sexual offences against victims aged between 6 months to 13 years old between 2006 and 2014. Huckle was arrested after telling his parents what he had done, who then informed the police.
- Scottish ambulance service confirmed it had taken a number of people to hospital this Sunday after a van was found on fire in the Stepps area of Glasgow. It is not yet known what caused the fire but police have said they are investigating the case further. Those victims taken to hospital are said to be in a non-critical condition.
- Three-time world heavyweight champion, Muhammad Ali passed away this Friday aged 74 after a 32-year battle with Parkinson’s disease. The world-renowned boxer died with his family by his side after being rushed to hospital with respiratory difficulties. Ali’s family have said his funeral will be held in his hometown of his Louisville, Kentucky.
- More than 70 festival goers have been struck by lightening whilst attending a music event in Germany this week. Paramedics rushed to treat people at the Rock-am-Ring festival after severe storms caused heavy lightening and flooding. One man suffered from severe burns whilst the rest were only mildly injured. The organisers of the event said that acts will continue to perform over the three-day event despite what has happened.
- A mother from Eastern India has given birth to conjoined twins who share nearly every vital organ and one pair of legs this week. Shivrajo Devi, 24, gave birth at a private clinic in a village in Buxar, on Wednesday evening and revealed her shock at giving birth to the conjoined twins, both a girl and a boy. Doctors have said that their condition has slowly begun to deteriorate and they have since been moved to Sadar Hospital where medics gave them preliminary treatment in neo-natal intensive care unit.
- 7-year-old Yamato Tanooka, a japanese boy who sparked an international search after he disappeared last week has now been found. Yamato had miraculously survived six days alone in a bear-infested forest on the northern island of Hokkaido after his parents abandoned him as punishment for misbehaving. He was found in a disused military base and was suffering from exhaustion and dehydration but was otherwise unharmed.
- The ex-boyfriend of 15-year-old Karen Perez has been charged with her murder this week after he was found to be in possession of video footage showing the moment she was killed. Perez, a ninth-grade student at South Houston High School was violently raped and strangled by her ex-boyfriend, who cannot be named for legal reasons. Her body was found by police, stuffed under a kitchen sink inside an abandoned apartment in a Houston, Texas, complex.