- An unnamed British woman has died in the holiday island of Madeira this week, after falling more than 300 feet from a hiking trail.The 43-year-old woman lost her life after falling from the Levada do Norte whilst hiking with her husband. Emergency crews recovered the woman’s body from the rails after 4 hours. It is thought she may have slipped after heavy rain water made the hiking path slippery.
- A horrific recording of the moment before a 32-year-old driver crashed into an oncoming vehicle, has this week been heard by a corner in Buckinghamshire. Kaushal Gandhi from Harrow, Middlesex, phoned emergency services as his car sped down the M40 at 119mph, after the cruise control became locked. Gandhi had desperately tried to stop the out of control vehicle and had been on the phone to the emergency services for 8 minutes before he collided with a parked lorry, killing him instantly.
- Two British men have been cleared of gang rape in Dubai after a British holiday makers claim was found to be false. Zara-Jayne Moisey, 25, claimed that Louis Harris and David Butlin had raped her whilst she stayed in a five star hotel in the United Arab Emirates.All 3 involved had their passports seized and were unable to leave the country until the case was closed. Prosecutors this week decided that video evidence provided by one of the suspects proves “consent of the three parties was involved”.
- Controversial former Cuban leader Fidel Castro has passed away this week, at the age of 90. The former prime minister and president led Cuba for nearly half a century and had claimed to have survived 634 assignation attempts. Castro was just 32 years old when he overthrew dictator Fulgencio Batista’s government in 1959 before severing diplomatic ties with the US in 1961.
- A former French paratrooper has been sentenced to jail this week after murdering a female care worker and holding 70 monks hostage at a retirement village in France. The 47-year-old father of two was arrested by local police following a tip-off shortly after the incident at Monferrier-sur-Lez nursing home, near Montpellier.
- 18-year-old William Riley Gaul,a former college football player, has been charged with the murder of his ex-girlfriend Emma Walker this Wednesday. Gaul allegedly shot Walker dead as she slept at her home in Knoxville, Tennessee, firing a gun into her bedroom whilst standing outside of her house. The couple were believed to have recently ended their relationship but Gaul had refused to accept the separation, according to family members.