- A four-month old baby boy has died whilst his brother has been left with life-changing injuries after being mauled by a Staffordshire bull terrier this week. Archie Joe Darby and his 22-month-old brother, Daniel-Jay Darby were attacked by the dog at their aunt and uncles home in Colchester, Essex by what is believed to be a dog belonging to an serving police officer. PC Clare Ferdinand, 31, has since had the dog put down. Daniel is now in a critical condition in intensive care.
- The british royal navy was put on red alert this weekend after it was revealed that Russia plans to sail a fleet of warships along the British coast into Syria. Russia’s flagship vessel Admiral Kuznetsov and several others will pass the UK as they make their journey towards the war-torn country where it will be preparing to bomb rebel forces in Aleppo. The fleet is expected to practice bombing just north or Scotland before continuing on its journey. The news comes at a time where tensions between the Russia and the UK are rapidly escalating.
- Terrifying footage was released this week showing the moment a 29-stone angry gorilla escaped from an enclosure at London Zoo after crowds were warned not to taunt him. Eighteen-year-old male silverback Kumbuka was caught on camera smashing into the glass window of his enclosure before escaping. Zoo keepers believe the glass may have been cracked before the incident, allowing him to break through more easily. Kumbuka was able to roam the zoo for 90 minutes before he was tranquillised by vets.
- A 15-year-old boy has admitted to the murder of a school dinner lady and her 13-year-old daughter in April of this year, after a court hearing heard how he stabbed them to death as they slept. Elizabeth Edwards and her daughter Katie were killed in their home as they slept on April 14th. The unnamed boy and a female accomplice, who were both 14 at the time of the incident, crept into their bedrooms and knifed the victims to death before bathing to rinse off the blood and watching a film. The pair revealed they had plotted the attack the previous night and have since shown no remorse or reasoning behind the unprovoked murders.
- King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Bangkok has sadly passed away this week at the age of 88, after several years of suffering from poor health. The kings death has shocked the Southeast Asian nation with many of the country`s 67 million people chasing to dress in black after declaring a year of mourning. After reigning over the country for 70 years, his son, Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn is now expected to assume his role.
- A wheelchair-bound woman has revealed how she was gang-raped by up to six migrants in a toilet at an asylum centre in Sweden. The 30-year-old women who wishes not to be named, said she was sharing a taxi home with a man after visiting the medieval town of Visby on Sweden`s Gotland island when she asked to stop off to use the bathroom. However, upon entering the toiler, she was brutally raped by up to 6 men. Demonstrators have since attacked the asylum centre with rocks in angry protest whilst police continue to investigate the case.
- A shocking video showing a daughter live streaming her parents heroin binge has gone viral this week.The footage, shot in America, shows the young girls parents unresponsive and sweating as the girl attempt to wake them up. The video comes in the midst of a huge heroin epidemic in the U.S.
- France has this week paid tribute to the 86 people killed in the Bastille Day lorry attack on July 14. The names of the victims were read out whilst white roses were placed at the top of a hill overlooking the Promenade des Anglais, where the massacre took place. Frances president Francois Hollande was in attendance and spoke to many of the victims families as well as the survivors.