- A young British backpacker has been left fighting for his life after falling out of a moving train in Thailand. Daniel Clarke, 20, from Aldershot, Hampshire, was travelling from Bangkok to Nakhon Si Thammarat in southern Thailand when he is believed to have fallen from the train carriage, which has open air doors with no shutting mechanism. He was later found in a bruised and bloodied condition by another train driver after having rolled several feet from the tracks.
- Two British holidaymakers have been shot in Southern Spain after getting into a drunken fight at a bar. The unnamed man had been on a golfing holiday in the popular resort of Fuengirola when an altercation broke out between him and a 42-year old Brit, who pulled out a gun. Both men are now receiving treatment in a local hospital n what eyewitnesses are calling a ‘drunken argument’.
- Fashion designer Karen Millen has this week declared bankrupt after failing to pay £6million to HM Revenue and Customs over her involvement in a tax avoidance scheme. Miss Millen, a mother of three who has become a household name after opening her first shop almost 35 years ago, now faces losing her £3million home in Kent. Miller is said to be ‘devastated’ over the matter and insists she had been a victim of fraud by collapsed Icelandic bank Kaupthing which financed the buyer who bought her business in 2004 for £95million.
- Five people have been found dead after a plane crash in Snowdonia this week. Millionaire couple Kevin, 56, and Ruth Burke, 49, who own the aircraft, were on their way to Ireland from Britain when the plane crashed, killing three other people on board.
- A fire has broken out in a high-rise complex under construction close to the Dubai mall this weekend. It was confirmed that there were no casualties after the blaze was quickly put out by the local fire brigade at The Address Residences Fountain Views.
- Shocking footage has been released showing the moment a milkman used a large slab of pavement to smash and kill a tuk-tuk driver in India. Mushtaq Niwaraia, 36, had tried to overtake motorcyclist Hiralal, 40, on a congested road before colliding with him and accidentally scratching the mans bike. The two then began arguing at the scene in Churu in Rajasthan in western India, before Hiralal picked up a piece of pavement and threw it at Niwaraia, causing him to die instantly.
- A former model and medical has committed suicide at a dormitory hostel in Bangladesh this week. Raudha Athif, 21, a second-year student at Islami Bank Medical College in Rajshahi city, was found dead in her room by classmates on Wednesday. She had previously appeared on the cover of Vogue and received praise from the president of her native, the Maldives.